Wednesday 23 March 2011

Ogre Kingdoms Army Shots

So today turned out to be wonderful and sunny giving me no excuse to not set up the army and take a few pictures of the completed project! For those not in the know my Ogre army are a band of mercenaries called the Mawheim Marauders. They have been heavily influenced by Empire culture and as such have odd ideas about warfare like wearing uniforms and taking musicians to bolster their spirits in battle! In any case without any further waffle from me here are the pics!

3000 points of Ogre!


Ogre Tyrant

Ogre Slaughtermaster (Bright Wizard)

Ogre Butcher (Wizard)

Bruiser Battle Standard Bearer

Gnoblar Fighters

More Gnoblar Fighters 

Gnoblar Trappers (complete with puffy sleeves!)

Leadbelcher Detachment

Leadbelcher Detachment

Ogre Gorger (Druchii Assassin Inspired)

Ogre Gorger (Druchii Assassin Inspired)

Ogre Bulls

Ogre Iron Guts

More Ogre Bulls

Gnoblar Scraplauncher

Gnoblar Scraplauncher (Scrap Tank!)






I'm pretty chuffed with the end result of this project. Everything pictured above is constructed from three Ogre batallion boxes, greenstuff, plasticard and my bits box (with the exception of the metal scrap launcher). Everything has also been converted in some way except the original scraplauncher mini because it is a damn pain to put together in the first place! I'm pretty pleased with all of the models from the Gnoblars with floppy hats, the trappers with puffy sleeves and the Bull units combining both!

Particular pride of place for me however are the Tyrant and the Slaughtermaster along with the two Gorgers and the Scrap Tank. The Tyrant because he is 80% greenstuff and with reposed legs whilst the Slaughtermaster was just a fun thing to think up and create what with him being an Ogre Bright Wizard! The Gorgers were another fun concept as I didn't particularly like the Games Workshop model nor did I think the original background for the unit would fit in with my Empire inspired Ogres. Since a friend of mine plays as Dark Elves the idea of doing some Druchii inspired Ogres who sneak behind enemy lines seemed to fit the Gorger rules perfectly! Lastly we have the Scrap Tank which was much fun to build and I feel is an impressive centre piece model for the army. What particularly pleases me about this is it is 100% scratch built! Many have told me they were fooled into thinking I had used a Games Workshop steam tank but this beast is all plasticard, greenstuff and assortments from the bits box.

So there you have it. I will hopefully get a few more games in with these guys and post them up here over the coming months....in the mean time however, I have a Night Goblin army to sort out!

No comments:

Post a Comment